Bridge the Academic Achievement Gap
BridgeBooks were designed to help students “bridge” gaps and overcome language barriers. They help language learners “bridge” the academic achievement gap by developing their literacy in a second or foreign language so they can succeed in the classroom. The bilingual nature of the books also helps parents and children “bridge” the generational gap by allowing parents to participate in their child’s education of a second or foreign language even when they don’t speak the new language themselves.
Whatever language barrier you are trying to overcome, BridgeBooks provides multiple methods to help language learners hone their literacy skills. Whether you prefer traditional printed materials, online materials, or a combination of both, BridgeBooks has you covered. Each book features:
- Bite-sized learning. 24 to 28 page books supply the student with enough targeted vocabulary and content to master a few concepts at a time, building their confidence from book to book.
- Full Color Pictures. Exciting, high quality pictures naturally stimulate interest, conversation, and vocabulary growth.
- Flexible Lesson Plans. Each book has its own flexible lesson plan recommending focus on certain high frequency words, language arts suggestions, writing activities, and extension activities.
- Unique Bridge Box. A language matching box appears in the middle of each content page allowing student and teacher to compare and contrast both languages (vocabulary, grammar, syntax, etc.).
- Sequential Order. There are a total of 50 BridgeBooks organized into a Series A (25 books) and a Series B (25 books).
Series A Series B
The 25 books in Series A begin with simple sentence The 25 books in Series B are more advanced from the structures and familiar concepts and vocabulary. Content beginning, but the sentence structure and complexity of the is focused on family, emotions, objects in the classroom, language continues to advance throughout the series. The etc, allowing students to build their confidence and focus is on academic content such as: the Water Cycle, knowledge before moving onto more advanced academic Dinosaurs, Simple Instruments, etc. Book Titles content and vocabulary. Book Titles