FREE USER NOTICE:
What Information Does BridgeBooks Collect and Track?
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
The following information is collected and stored automatically: the IP address from which you access the internet, the date and time, the internet address of the website from which you link directly to our website, the name of the file or the words you search, and the browser you use to access our website. This information is used to measure the number of visitors to various sections of our website and to identify system performance or for server issues. We also use this information to help us expand the coverage of the website and to make the website more useful. This information is not correlated with any personal information and is never disclose it in a manner that would personally identify you.
Personal Information Provided by Users
- If you submit an order on-line with us, we ask you for information necessary to complete the transaction, such as your name, address, and credit card number.
- If you request technical support on-line, we ask you for information necessary to complete the transaction, such as your name, address, phone number and information about your computer hardware, software, or the name of the organization under which your license was issued, and the nature of the problem you are experiencing.
- If you wish to create a user account, we ask you for information necessary to keep you informed about BridgeBooks products and services with regard to your needs, such as your e-mail address.
- If you wish to register for free, we ask you for information necessary to respond to your future queries and to provide information, such as your name, surname, e-mail address, and country.
You are free to decide whether to proceed with any activity that calls for personal information. However, if you do not wish to provide information needed for a transaction, you may not be able to complete these activities.
How Do We Use the Information We Collect and Track?
We use personal information in the following ways and for the following limited purposes:
· To provide you with information about product upgrades, new products, services, research on future product ideas or improvements, to send newsletters, informative e-mails or other information which has the nature of business announcements. BridgeBooks reserves the right to use customers' contact information to send them information it deems important for the full utilization of its products and services. Every registered customer may choose not to receive such information from BridgeBooks by simply replying to any message to that effect (with the exception of messages which are necessary for the functionality of our products and services);
· To assist us in creating content that is relevant to you;
· To provide you with special offers that may be of interest to you;
· To assist us in creating better, customized products and services to meet your needs;
· To allow you to purchase and download products, obtain access to services or otherwise engage in activities you select;
· To help you quickly find software, services, or product information important to you;
· To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you chose to do so; and
· To notify you about changes to our service
BridgeBooks including our offices (subsidiaries and affiliates) to which your personal data are made accessible, retain the personal information collected through BridgeBooks website, including your personal information that you submit through a registration process, for as long as you are registered at any BridgeBooks website through a user account or are a user of BridgeBooks products, and for a reasonable time thereafter, unless and until you have recalled your consent for the processing of your personal information.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. If you share a computer with anyone, always log out before leaving a website or service to protect access to your information from subsequent users.
Unfortunately, no transmission of information over the internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to our website from your PC or the Internet Service Provider, and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to ensure its security on our systems and to try to prevent unauthorized access.
With Whom Do We Share Your Information?
Through some BridgeBooks, Inc. websites, by selecting a region (language) option, you may be asked to share your personal information, such as your e-mail contact, with selected local BridgeBooks partners, such as distributors (the full list of which can be made available if not already on our websites) so that they can contact you, on our behalf, about BridgeBooks products, services or offers that we believe are important to you or your organization and to provide you a local technical, educational and customer support. We encourage you to read our partners' privacy policies before providing your personal information.
BridgeBooks retains the services of outside contractors to provide limited services on our behalf us, such as shipping products or handling order processing, processing transactions (including credit card transactions), or performing statistical analysis of our services. It may be necessary to share user personal information with these contractors in order to allow them to provide their services. You have the right not to provide the requested information, but in such case you may not be able to receive these services. Those contractors will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to deliver the service and we require that they keep the personal information of our customers secure and confidential. We also require that these contractors use our customers' personal information only on behalf of BridgeBooks and do not disclose them to third parties or use them for any other purpose.
Please be advised that in certain instances it may be necessary for BridgeBooks to disclose your personal information if we believe such action is necessary to:
(a) comply with law or legal process served on BridgeBooks;
(b) protect and defend the rights, property or legitimate interests of BridgeBooks (including the enforcement of our agreements); or
(c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of BrisgeBooks services or members of the public.
Other Offices of BridgeBooks
Since BridgeBooks is a global company, we provide information on BridgeBooks products users to our worldwide offices (subsidiaries and affiliates) which are listed at www.bridgebooks.net/contact. The personal information that you have provided to us may be made accessible to these BridgeBooks offices for marketing and customer relationship management purposes. Also, in certain countries our outside contractors might undertake the collection, transferring, storage and processing of your information. By using a BridgeBooks website, product or service, you consent to any such disclosure to and use of personal information that you have provided, by BridgeBooks worldwide offices.
How Can You Correct Inaccuracies in the Information?
We strive to process only accurate personal information and make a sincere effort to respond to your requests to update or correct your personal information. If you believe that BridgeBooks does not have your current personal information, you can update it by contacting BridgeBooks Sales Team at www.bridgebooks.net/contact.
Please be advised that every user (customer) who has provided personal information to BridgeBooks may ask BridgeBooks to advise of the scope of information BridgeBooks processes about him or her, the purpose and nature of the processing and the recipients of the information.
BridgeBooks Update Bulletin and Other E-mail Communications
If you do not wish to continue receiving our e-mail newsletters, bulletins, or other information from BridgeBooks, you can at any time unsubscribe them in the subject line of your e-mail or contact us at www.bridgebooks.net/contact. Please be aware that our e-mails may include important or useful information about your product, including information about your license(s) or the status of your orders or accounts, and that we do not allow our customers to opt out of communication that is required for the functionality of our products and services.
Links to other companies
From time to time, BridgeBooks websites may contain links to and from websites of our partner networks, advertisers or other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Discussion Groups and Forums
Please remember that information you submit in a discussion group or forum at any BridgeBooks website will be deemed public information and is not confidential. There is a risk in such communication venues that various information and data can be collected and used by others. Please be careful and responsible when you are on-line.
In the event there is a major change to the BridgeBooks privacy practices, a prominent notice will be posted on our website prior to its implementation. If the change involves the use of your personal information, the notice will contain instructions on how you can opt out of such use.
Version: 1.1 Date: 2009/08/17